The Underground Collaborative is a creative resource center in downtown Milwaukee. The UC was founded in 2012 and features over 8,000 square feet of space including a theatre, art gallery, recording studio, dance studio, administrative offices and creative workspaces.
The Underground Collaborative features live shows every month, an art gallery, and more.
We call The UC a “Creative Resource Center” because it acts as a hub for many artistic groups and individuals. Spaces are available to rent for your next meeting, rehearsal, show or event, and many services are offered through our resident creative groups.
- The Arcade Theatre: A unique black box style theatre that can seat up to 100 people for live performances and can accommodate up to 150 people for special events. Over 1,600 square feet of flexible event space offers theatrical lighting and full sound system.
- Art Gallery: Thousands of square feet of wall space at The UC feature art work from many prominent local and regional artists. The gallery is available for viewing before and after performances in the Arcade Theatre or by appointment.
- Dance Studio: Featuring 800 square feet for all styles of dance. Perfect for rehearsals, classes, or performances for up to 40 people.
- Workshop Rooms: Perfect for meetings, rehearsal or small events, three different rooms each offer over 400 sq. feet of configurable space for meetings, workshops and classes, and presentations or performances that can seat up to 40 people.
- Recording Studio: Check out the Sound Lab recording studio for voice and instrument recordings, audio mixing and more.
- Creative Companies: There are lot’s of great organizations that call The UC home including Milwaukee Comedy, Sound Lab, Salsa Brosa and more.